My client is a family owned company who specialise in the design, build and operation of Anaerobic Digestion plants in the UK. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance and process operations tasks on the site and to assist all on site operations as required. Interpret and action SCADA generated alarms to solve problems and maintain the smooth operations of the process on the brand new, state of the art AD facility. You will also need the ability to work independently and confident in making sound decisions.
The Requirements, duties and responsibilities for this role will be as follows:
- Engineering background within processing/EFW sites/chemical sites preferable but not essential
- Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering qualifications, time served with some knowledge and experience of electrical and control systems (SCADA, DCS)
- Maintenance and servicing of plant and equipment.
- Execution and planning of PPM.
- Process operations of plant equipment and the SCADA control system and taking remedial actions when alarms are received.
- Assist in site project management
- Ability in interpret drawings and schematics
- Out of hours on-call duties
- Carrying out all operations in compliance with the company Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality policies.
- Assist in maintaining Health and Safety documentation, including Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Training Records, etc.
- Finding workarounds and long term solutions to process problems on the site.
- Undertaking waste unloading and handling tasks alongside the plant staff.
If this role is of interest to you and you would like more information, please contact Will @ Brook Street on 01242 233707. Alternatively, send your CV