FULFILMENT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
WEB / ONLINE FULFILMENT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR – FASHION DISTRIBUTION WAREHOUSE
“With responsibility for e commerce fulfilment, this role is pivotal to the success of our client’s business and high standards of customer service to their on-line customers”
Salary: c £18,000 - £23,000
Tipton, West Midlands
Commutable from…. Wednesbury, Dudley, Oldbury, West Bromwich, Bilston, Willenhall, Brierley Hill, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stourbridge, Kingswinford
Our client is a rapidly growing, successful British business; exceptional customer service underpins everything they do on and off line. They are an iconic British fashion retailer who design directional, embellished and aspirational styles for customers seeking a very polished look. They pride themselves on offering a premium product at affordable prices, with an outstanding customer service experience. Currently they sell their product in bulk via a number of leading online marketplaces and high street fashion retailer websites. They have now embarked upon a brand new direct to consumer channel from their own branded website and growth is forecasted to be dramatic over the next 12 month. They are looking to recruit an online fulfilment supervisor in order to ensure that online customers continue to receive the same exceptional service as the business expands.
All of our client’s products are designed in the UK and produced in their own factories in the UK and the Far East. This ensures that their designs are exclusive and their products are of the highest quality, with high standards maintained throughout the whole supply chain.
We are looking for an experienced Web/Online Fulfilment Warehouse Supervisor to ensure process and service levels within the distribution centre team are upheld. The ideal candidate must have experience of supervising, training and recruiting a team, and experience of online fulfilment in a commercial distribution centre is essential. At present the team is relatively small however the operation is forecasted to grow over the coming months in line with a major digital marketing campaign. This is a great opportunity; a chance to grow your career as the business grows. This role is pivotal to their future success.
- The role is a supervisory role and requires the ability to document process and train the team to deliver a consistent and accurate approach to order management, picking, packing and dispatch. Whilst also driving forward process improvements to increase productivity and accuracy in the process
- You will quality manage every stage of the process to deliver measurable efficiency and success. You will also report quantifiable volume and efficiency attainments and demonstrate service levels achieved.
- You will use business forecasts to anticipate peaks in demands and resource these appropriately.
- You will maintain efficient inventory accuracy by developing new procedures and disciplines within the team.
- You will manage the carrier transfer process, ensuring all parcels are dispatched correctly with all of the relevant documentation
- You will manage the online returns process, ensuring garments are carefully screened and managed back into the master inventory whilst ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Finally, you will be responsible for security procedures within the distribution centre; including bag checks, door checks and parcel checks.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good standard of education to at least A level or equivalent, and numerate
- It is essential that the ideal candidate will have experience of online fulfilment in a commercial, fast moving, highly responsive and ideally fashion or retail or fmcg distribution centre
- Previous experience of recruiting, training and supervising a small team is also essential.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary for this role, both written and verbal
- A good general knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, particularly the ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook
- It would be advantageous if you have knowledge of carrier services and their packaging requirements.
- Training will be given on our client’s new fulfilment system.
Career development opportunities are achievable. As the online fulfilment function grows so will the role.