ULD Ops Manager - Freighter / Airfreight Operations Manager
Job Title: ULD Ops Manager - Freighter (EMEA)
Location: London Heathrow (near Hatton Cross)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
They are a dynamic company with global exposure and a diverse work environment. The business currently owns and manages approximately 120,000 unit load devices (ULDs) and serves more than 90 airlines across a network of 50 global maintenance and repair centres (30 owned) and 480 airports.
They are seeking an experienced ULD Ops Manager - Freighters (EMEA) to strengthen their operations team and will be located in London Heathrow (near Hatton Cross), United Kingdom.
Purpose of the Role:
This challenging role focuses on developing and managing all key products and interfaces across a variety of applications for both internal and external users, ensuring the successful delivery of the digital program.
The Successful Candidate will act as main operational point of contact (first escalation point) for freighter customers in the EMEA region, responsible for the P&L for the Company' ULD management contracts for these customers.
Lead and develop the EMEA Freighter team, including the Planning team in Bangkok and field-based staff across the region to ensure delivery of Company's ULD management service in line with contractual commitments.
- Being responsible for managing Company's freighter customers in the EMEA region in line with P&L target. Revenue generated from this region is planned to grow from approx. USD50M today to approx. USD100M by 2023.
- Managing a team of 7 staff with responsibility for operational planning & execution, head office relationships and providing support to customers outside of the freighter team
- Identifying development actions and training required within the team in order to deliver high performance
- Ensuring that business strategy and priorities are continuously updated and communicated, providing clear guidance to the team
- Ensuring optimal planning of Company's assets is achieved by the planning team in order to meet customers' needs efficiently and avoid service failures
- Owning the customer action plans and ensuring all actions are progressed to completion to improve account performance
- Support and work closely with Director Sales & Account Management (EMEA) on all relevant commercial topics like customer satisfaction, contract renewal, up- and cross-selling, identifying opportunities
- Attending customer review meetings to understand future customer demand and how the Company can improve on previous performance
- Presenting KPI statistics to customers and taking action on poor account performance, e. high levels of damaged, unreported or lost ULD's, agreeing specific actions with the customer
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders within Company's customer base in order to drive customer satisfaction and ensure account retention
- Having tight control over demand requirements in order to provide full visibility on CAPEX needs, thus eliminating the need to lease ULD's at Company's cost, and to ensure accurate revenue forecasting
- Effectively delivering and securing pooling synergy for customers through appropriate communication with other ULD Ops Managers, as well as airline representatives and ground handlers
- Driving a culture of collaboration, both within the team and across the business
- Controlling operational costs in order to maximise account EBITDA and ensuring customers are recharged where appropriate
- Leading the implementation of new customer contracts
- Approving supplier invoices and supporting Finance on overdues
Skills/ Qualifications and Experience required:
- 5+ years of proven experience in the aviation/aerospace industry in airline/airport/air cargo operations or customer service
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to analyse data and present findings
- People management experience
- Ability to drive high performance levels amongst direct reports
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Deliver strong Operational performance
- Commercial acumen -> Able to work at the interface of operations and sales
- Proven people manager who can lead by example and accountability
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated learning agility
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of Cargo Operations Manager, Airline Cargo Manager, Cargo Manager, Cargo Management Supervisor, Airfreight Export Coordinator, Airfreight Cargo Manager, Airfreight Import and Export Coordinator, Unit Load Device Operations Coordinator, Airfreight Export Gateway Operator, Air Freight, Air Freight Customs Coordinator, EMEA Market, ULD Manager, ULD Operations Management will also be considered.