Job Description for the position of Estate Secretary at Shaftesbury Estates
The position involves general secretarial work, some book-keeping and an understanding of modern rural estates so that you can help manage the diverse range of activities that take place on the estate, such as farming, managing commercial and residential property and events.
You will be expected to be the main liaison for tenants and contractors. You will be part of a small, vibrant and growing team within the estate office reporting directly to the Estate Accountant and Owner. Your own transport and ‘clean-ish’ driving licence is essential.
Typical estate management duties would involve:
- Handling general enquiries in the estate office
- Liaising with tenants (residential, agricultural and commercial)
- Be the first point of contact for contractors (builders, plumbers, electricians etc)
- Managing utilities & checking meter readings
- Consulting with Government Agencies (Historic England, Natural England, DEFRA etc)
- Typing of letters, file notes, documents including audio
- Preparing budgets for building work
- Insurance claims and renewals
- Arranging and conducting viewings of properties to let on the estate – this may involve some out of hours appointments,
- Arranging meetings
- Preparing agendas and reports for meetings
- Organising property repairs and annual service contracts
- Taxing vehicles / MOT reminders
Due to the ongoing relationship with our tenants we are looking for someone who can demonstrate a commitment to a long-term position.
- Salary - Dependent on experience
- Holidays - 25 working days plus public holidays
- Hours of Work - 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Lunch Break - one hour
- Free parking within the office complex
- Plus nice walks!