Architectural Practice Administrator
Architectural Practice Administrator
- Provide reception and administrative support for the practice, equally across both studios
- Act as first point of contact for the practice, meet and greet visitors and answer calls in a professional and friendly manner. Record and relay accurate telephone messages and deal appropriately with hoax calls/unwanted sales calls.
- Arrange catering and refreshments for office based meetings
- Open, sort and distribute/scan post in and deal with post out, couriers etc. Cash in cheques.
- Maintain stationary supplies including toner and paper for printers and copier. Liaise with print engineer/contractor including recording usage levels.
- General office procurement i.e. furniture, electrical equipment etc. ensuring all VAT receipts and invoices & delivery notes are passed onto the Practice Manager.
- Ensure all filing is accurate and up to date, including FM admin server, project paper filing, NBS filing etc.
- Manage and undertake the practice archive, keep on top of which projects need archiving and maintain up-to-date records
- Managing the practice library, filing practice magazines, supplier brochures and other reference information
- Organise printing, binding and scanning of documents as required
- Housekeeping responsibilities, ensuring the kitchen area is kept clean between cleaners shifts (filling/emptying the dishwasher) keeping supply of clean tea towels available and ensuring bins are put out weekly
- Arrange restocking of kitchen supplies, tea, coffee, milk, cleaning agents etc.
- Formatting documents/presentations, in word and InDesign and proof reading/spell checking
- Petty cash/keys/cameras etc., day to day holder of
- First Aid, manage office first aid box supplies. Keep PPE equipment organised, clean and in stock.
- Obtain quotes for services, venues & products etc.
- Updating CPD records, office diary, setting up MR, organising tickets, catering & transport
- Occasionally attend meetings - including minute taking
- Use BT Business portal to update service settings i.e. Voicemail etc.
- Ensure all meeting rooms, studios and basement are kept tidy and organised.
- Ensure any tasks listed here are carried out in this roles absence (where this role has the sole responsibility/know how)
- Facilities management, offer support in absence of Practice Manager/Director (liaise with tenants, contractors, security and fire alarm engineer, cleaner, window cleaner, CPD providers, waste collection etc.)
- Database management, inc. setting up new projects & creating project directories
- Support Environmental Manager by complying with Environmental QA procedures i.e. keeping up-to-date recycling and waste logs, electronic procurement logs, obtaining waste carrier certificates etc.
- Confident communicator (written and spoken) at all levels (from suppliers to Directors)
- Good administration skills
- Good presentation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills; workload and working area
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner with presentable appearance
- A team player (a people person)
- Will have a proactive and flexible attitude towards workload
- Work using own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask
- Good general administration experience
- Problem solving skills
- An interest in working in creative/design industry
- Some knowledge of InDesign (and Photoshop) or an alternative design package
- Some experience of data entry using databases
- Experience of working in a small business (10-20 staff)
KEY SKILLS/COMPETENCES/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Typing skills: 45wpm+ (with high level of accuracy)
- Administration qualification, a good pass at intermediate level
- IT skills: Competent user of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (Mac experience desirable)
- Educated at least to GCSE level with passes at grade C or above in English and Maths
Please send a covering letter and CV electronically addressed to Nic Prosser (Practice Manager). STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE