ADMIN ASSISTANT VACANCY
Tinsdills Solicitors is a well established innovative law firm based in the North Staffordshire/South Cheshire area. We are currently looking to recruit an additional Administration Assistant to join our experienced team at our Hanley office.
The successful candidate will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the administration department, to ensure all financial and business objectives are met.
Duties will include:
- Ordering and monitoring of all stationery / household requirements for the business
- Overseeing the ongoing maintenance work at the business offices
- Invoice checking and authorisation
- Contract renewal administration – utilities, fire alarms, etc
- Liaison with suppliers of office equipment including the franking machines, fax machines, etc
- General housekeeping duties
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Providing cover for reception staff as required
- Providing occasional holiday / absence cover for the office mail delivery service
- Maintenance of filing system
- Retrieving, recording and filing of wills and deeds
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Updating the database as required
- Occasional out of hours attendance to provide access to contractors working at office locations.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is able to work well under pressure. Candidates must be well organised with good communication skills and, whilst working largely as a team member, the ability to work on your own initiative is also important. Candidates must be hardworking, reliable and willing to complete any tasks associated with their job role, to the highest possible standards. Good time keeping is also a must as is a willingness to help out where needed within the Department.
Candidates must be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft Packages including Word and Excel.
Due to the need to visit all of the business’s offices on occasion, the successful candidate will need to have access to a vehicle and hold a full driving licence.
The position is a full time role working 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday with a one hour lunch (35 hours per week) and offers a competitive starting salary depending upon experience, 20 days holidays plus Bank Holidays (increasing over time to 25 days plus Bank Holidays) and a contributory pension.
If you are looking to join a progressive and supportive business and wish to apply for this position you should send a full CV with covering letter detailing your experience to Jane Massey, HR Manager at email@example.com or by post at the following address:
Mrs J Massey
25 Albion Street
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and as such all applications will be considered as they are received.
We are also looking to recruit a Client Services Adviser at our Hanley office details of which can be found on our website and also by searching Tinsdills on the Sentinel / Fish4Jobs website.