Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals and high quality professional jewellery making products. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker with more than 18,000 products available for next day delivery.
They are now recruiting a Logistics Manager to join them at their head office based in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
Your overall responsibilities will be to manage a team of circa 45 employees, including two shift supervisors, oversee the operation of the logistics department including Goods Inwards, order preparation, collation, packing and despatch. You will also be responsible for managing customer return products and supplier rejection.
You will develop, design and implement agreed strategies to support our client’s trade leading delivery service whilst ensuring all activities associated with logistics are efficient and cost effective. You will achieve this by:
- Using IT systems to monitor and manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs via daily inventory checks and full six monthly stock checks
- Working closely with courier and carrier providers to negotiate costs / service offerings and conducting monthly service reviews
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs e.g. Bank Holidays and peak season
- Managing staff training issues and motivating members of the team to ensure productivity
- Briefing team leaders on a daily basis
- Planning future capacity requirements
- Proactively troubleshooting issues that could affect preparation and delivery performance to the customer
- Analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions, reducing operational errors in line with KPIs
- Liaise with the Supply Chain team to ensure inbound deliveries and stock availability is managed line with KPIs
- Developing a strong relationship with the customer service centre to ensure high service levels in line with annual KPI’s and minimise customer complaints
- Working alongside the eCommerce Manager to understand and help develop eCommerce e.g. ensuring all promotions are supported with correct resources
- Manage the operation in line with the annual budget and target annual cost per picked line reductions
- Maintain standards of health and safety and security in the area
The successful candidate will have:
- Several years’ experience in the industry or in strategic business planning, educated to a degree level
- Managed a significant amount of product in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge in planning, budgeting and scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people i.e. able to lead and delegate
- Experience within logistics and distribution managing an eCommerce warehouse operation
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Technical and IT skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A sound awareness of UK and European carriers and couriers
- A flexible approach to work varied shift patterns, including weekends and Bank Holidays, when necessary
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Free space in Management car park
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance (up to 6 times salary)
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work
- Discounts on Company products
As part of the new starter vetting process the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
To apply for the role of Logistics Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing Manager, Stock Manager, Operations Manager, Logistics and Operations Manager.