Senior Science Technician
We are looking for a Senior Science Technician to join the Science Faculty at New College Leicester. The main purpose of this role is to develop, manage, organise and coordinate the physical and human resources used to support the teaching of science in the school.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time)
- Working knowledge of COSSHH & CLEAPS regulations and guidelines.
- Experience of working within a school environment
- Science knowledge sufficient to understand the college’s science curriculum requirements
- Good communication skills, flexible and adaptable
Senior Science Technician duties
- Responsible for storing and maintaining the Science Department's apparatus, equipment, chemicals, compounds and other material resources.
- Setting up equipment for demonstrations and practical science classes
- Ensure classrooms are kept clean and spillages/waste are properly disposed of
- Oversee records and accounts for equipment and resources, ordering new and replacement materials as necessary.
About New College Leicester
We are a highly inclusive 11-18 community college, based to the west of Leicester City with over 900 students. The Trustees, Governors and all of the staff are passionate about our mission to provide a highly inclusive education and service which results in “Outstanding progress for all” – for both students and staff.
Please apply for this role below.