We have a vacancy for:
Following a period of sustained growth we are looking to appoint a Fabrication Manager to join our experienced team based at our premises in Grimsby.
Part of the senior management team, the Fabrication Department Manager will be responsible for leading the Heavy Fabrication Department, ensuring that Production targets are met, whilst maintaining quality of product. Ensuring that Health and Safety remains a number one priority in the area and leading continuous improvement activities.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the following job activities:
- Resource planning; ensuring all resources are used efficiently, effectively and in a ‘best practice’ manner
- Ensuring jobs remain on target, in budget until completion. Where changes to the scope and/or resourcing occur, proactive problem solving, communication and reprioritising will be needed
- Quality control; taking actions and making decisions where necessary and driving preventative measures and improvements throughout the department
- To manage any out-of-hours customer requirements
- Line Management; demonstrating motivational, engaging and ‘best practice’ leadership throughout the department at all times. Leading by example.
- Effective Communication; with all stakeholders to a) the business and b) the jobs to ensure all staff are kept up to date and ‘bought in’
- Ensuring a healthy, safe, and legal department; continually reviewing practices to ensure legislative, health & safety and legal compliance
An attractive salary and benefits package is available to the successful applicant.
The closing date for these posts are 01/10/18, candidates successful at shortlisting will be notified within 2 weeks of the closing date. We regret to inform you that we will be unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Applications in writing or via application form for the attention of the HR Manager.