Bernhard and Company are the leaders in the grinder market and one of the world’s most influential forces in the presentation and quality of turf grass.
The company manufactures and distributes worldwide, a range of sharpening systems designed to maintain today’s sophisticated mowing machines in perfect cutting condition. This is an excellent opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join this well-established manufacturing facility in Haverhill.
As a Production manager you will be responsible for the following:-
Purpose of Role:
- Day-to-day management, controlling and reporting production performance and key performance indicators
- Management of production team including holiday approval, overtime approval and identifying and implementing training requirements
- Manage, lead and motivate production personnel to create and maintain a high performing, efficient and effective team.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and communication throughout production
- Encourage and promote a positive culture acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- The job holder will enjoy complex production, quality and scheduling challenges.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and quality are achieved and maintained
- Assist with supplier non-conformance and field issue reports
- Liaise with internal and external customers as directed
- To assist in tasks related to all aspects of health and safety, fire, environmental and quality issues in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures
- Ensure good risk management practices are embodied within the procedures and processes.
- Culture of continuous improvement is required in all aspects of the operation. The challenge is to maintain high quality standards and achieve targets within tight deadlines and changeable circumstances.
- Strong background and experience in the management of personnel, with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong background and experience in manufacturing engineering products.
- Good knowledge of health and safety, fire, environmental and quality procedures and processes.
- IT literate and understand ERP systems, MRP, MS Office applications with good written and verbal communication.
- Conversant with product compliance requirements.
- Strong systems and process approach in work methods, backed by a sound commercial acumen.
- Effective communicator at all levels with good negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and lean manufacturing techniques.
The Company is a Queens Award winning manufacturer of sharpening machines to the golf and turf industry worldwide. We are looking to increase our manufacturing capacity to meet customer demand.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please apply using the link provided and the hiring company will be in direct contact
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.