Data Analyst - SQL, ETL, T-SQL, Data Migration - Finance Sector
Data Analyst - SQL, ETL, T-SQL, Data Migration, SSIS - Finance Sector
This is a great role for a quality-first Data/MI Analyst who is looking for a role where they can take ownership for data on-boarding, data integrity management and process improvement projects. This is a varied role with a number of internal and 3rd party relationships that need to be carefully managed day-to-day.
The client are a thriving financial services business who are expanding their presence in Europe whilst consolidating their position as a market leader in the UK through recent acquisitions of competitors in their sector.
Based out of their newly refurbished Manchester city centre offices, the open-plan environment promotes collaboration and innovation and the company also run a number of colleague engagement events and social programmes, as well as offering continued professional development through internal and external courses.
The key responsibilities in this role will include:
- On-boarding and consolidation of new customer accounts and information onto the existing business systems
- Ensuring data quality of new portfolios
- Implementing business solutions for data process improvements, MI reporting etc
- Transmission of outgoing files/portfolios to third party suppliers
From a technical perspective, this role will have responsibility for proper stewardship of all data relating to sales files, reconciliations, transactions relating to new customer portfolios.
Therefore day-to-day tasks will also include:
- Daily, weekly and monthly MI reporting
- Excel VBA and T-SQL development
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate expertise in the following:
- A very strong understanding of SQL Server databases and querying within these
- ETL setups (Extract, Transform, Load) and understanding of ETL processes
- Good knowledge of the finance sector and financial processes (accounting, invoicing, tracking transactions)
- Basic experience with T-SQL and SSIS package development
- Advanced Excel skills
The company are keen to see people from the following industry backgrounds:
- Financial services/Banking
- Credit control/Debt Management/Mortgages
- Energy and utilities
Culture wise, this role requires someone who can communicate between technical and non-technical audiences, who has an above-average eye for detail and strong financial and commercial acumen. There is a real community feel around the open plan office, so be prepared to deal with a variety of colleagues on a daily basis!
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced business with an evolving data landscape and be part of a team that prides itself on teamwork and a 'quality first' approach.
In addition to the competitive base salary, the also offer the following:
- 25 days holiday (rising 1 day per year up to 30 days)
- Company pension (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Private medical insurance/health plans
- Attractive bonus scheme
- A range of other benefits as part of salary sacrifice (cycle to work, gym membership, gadget scheme)