Auto Electrician / Telematics Engineer
- Are you an experienced Telematics Engineer / Auto Electrician?
- Are you looking for a Position that Rewards and Recognises Hard Work?
- Are you Passionate about becoming the best at what you do?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Auto Electricians / Telematics Engineers with an Electronics background and experience of HGV's and Large vehicles to provide Engineering Support to the Engineering Manager and the Existing team.
The successful candidate will join a leading supplier in the UK with an impressive list of clients., GBP25 - 30,000 Basic, GBP35-40k OTE, Dependant on experience. Excellent Bonuses, company car, Fuel card are provided
This Role is split between Office duties and Field work.
The right candidate will be ideally already working to a client created strategy, to carry out Installation, service and maintenance on various types of vehicle mounted equipment. You will also have experience of Diagnostics, fault finding and working off of Electrical diagrams to a high degree of accuracy.
The role will also provide support to the existing team and management in the office and occasionally out on the road. Providing a fault fix and first line maintenance service on technical equipment in vehicles. There may also be an occasional need to work on technical communications equipment on fixed sites.
- Audit and configuration of Communications and technical equipment in vehicles
- Assisting the management team.
- Problem solving.
- Experienced with HGV and Large vehicles.
- Installation - capable of installing and configuring Communications and technical equipment in vehicles
- Maintenance - capable of providing a first line fix and maintenance service on Communications and technical equipment in both vehicles and fixed sites.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships including on time communications and service delivery.
- Continuous Professional Development involving enhancement of technical skills and knowledge of new technology.
- Identifies opportunities to improve service, process or systems
- Ensures work output meets requirements regarding technical quality, reliability and cost
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with internal and external customers
- Promotes an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
The Ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Field based service engineering.
- An auto-electrical qualification and have experience of fitting Telematic equipment or Telemetry Engineering.
- Fleet Telematics Systems
- Outgoing and competitive individual with a desire to progress.
- A strong passion for what you do.
- A proactive learner who will seize opportunities to learn new things.
- Demonstrate 12v/24v working
- Understanding of basic automotive electronics components
- Demonstrate an understanding of ohms law.
- Displays good logical and fault-finding techniques when working in a lone working situation.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Thorough approach in care and use of Test Equipment and Vehicles
- Experienced in the use of digital Multimeter, low ohm meters and VSWR meters as a minimum.
- Willing to work abnormal hours, away from home and visit customer sites at short notice.
- Experience of vehicle tracking, telematics solutions, Telematic equipment or Telemetry Engineering is Essential.
Experience of one or more of the following is essential:
- Auto Electrics (Essential)
If you are interested in working for our Client, please feel free to contact me on the below details.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to James Feeley, Alecto Recruitment. in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at or follow us on