Azure Cloud Architect / Engineer
Azure Cloud Engineer
We're working with London based consultancy as they seek an Azure Cloud Engineer on a contract basis.
- Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimised for cloud platforms.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of cloud architecture and solutions
- Maintain and support the cloud services platform.
- Monitor and maintain multiple Azure solutions to meet project requirements
- Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across the environments
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the cloud team
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
- Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, Python & C#.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jenkins, splunk etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rota
- Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Cloud Solution Architect certification (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Proven Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- ITIL experience
Alexander Ash Consulting is acting as an agency