Azure Cloud Engineer (contract)
Alexander Ash have been retained by one of the 'Big 4' consulting firms to recruit for a number of key senior contract requirements to help deliver, and grow their new Digital division; Part of which, has a strong emphasis on Service Cloud via Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type; In one project you might build an application optimised for the Cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate using tools such as Ansible and VSTS.
This individual will:
- Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimised for cloud platforms.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment of AWS architecture and solutions
- Maintain and support the cloud services platform.
- Monitor and maintain multiple Azure solutions to meet project requirements
- Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across the environments
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
- Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
- Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions using AWS or Azure
- Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible,
- Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, Python & C#.
- In?? depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, GIT, Jenkins, splunk etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team
Nice to have's:
- Cloud Solution Architect certification (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Proven Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- ITIL experience
Alexander Ash Consulting is acting as an agency