Teaching and Behaviour Support (Trainee) TABS (t)
Are you passionate and committed to the personal development and effective delivery of learning to pupils?
At Ambitions about Autism, we have a comprehensive development programme for our Trainee Tutors and can offer you a two-year in-house training programme to support you to successfully deliver this crucial role.
What are we looking for?
In addition to your commitment to reflective practice, you will have experience of working with children with Autism or learning disabilities as well as being able to demonstrate a commitment to the development programme that is focused on teaching children and young people with autism using a behavioral approach. We're looking for people that are keen and ready to develop and are physically and emotionally resilient to work with people who sometimes present behavior that challenges.
So what will you do as a Trainee Tutor? Here are some, but not all of the exciting challenges you will face:
- You will work with children aged 6 - 19 years.
- You will be based in a class of approximately six pupils.
- You will work with pupils both individually and in small groups.
- You will have additional key worker responsibilities for one or more of the pupils in the class.
- You will be responsible for teaching individual and small groups of children a personalised curriculum, using teaching techniques based on the principles of behavior analysis.
- You will work under the supervision of the behavior analysts and qualified teachers to ensure the efficient and effective running of the class.
Pay and benefits (increments dependent on performance):
- Starting Salary GBP16, 131 p.a
- At 6 months - GBP16, 651 p.a
- 12 months - GBP17, 507 p.a
- 18 months - GBP18, 580 p.a
- 24 months - GBP20, 513 p.a
Hours of work: 8:45am-5:00pm (36.25 hours per week; you will be required to work 42 weeks per year, term-time only but will be paid all year round. )
Help us continue to be extraordinary, and join us in making the ordinary possible for young people with autism.
Ambitious about Autism is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role as detailed under the person specification.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person specification.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note we have not engaged any agencies to work on this role and only direct applications will be considered.