Engineering Team Leader / Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Engineering Team Leader
Salary: £40,000 PA
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time - Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off - rotating across day and night shifts (no Saturday PM working)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious engineer looking to move into management or a current team leader looking for a new challenge.
The Company is a leading pet food manufacturer based in Lancashire and is one of the fastest growing brands in its sector. Manufacturing and distributing leading brands: Webbox, Davies, Vitakraft, Goodwyns, Meatiful and TastyBone through all UK major grocery channels and specialist pet trade channels. They are one of the fastest growing UK pet food manufacturers and are looking to strengthen their ever growing team with several new Team Leaders within the engineering department.
As a Team leader you will be required to work closely with the production team maintaining and over seeing a small team to service all processing machinery across two sites to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption. You will need to have worked in a similar manufacturing environment and be able to carry out preventative maintenance, fault finding and deal with machine down-time efficiently.
The candidate will rotate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working seven days a week across both day and night shifts. Excellent communication skills are a must as well as a flexible and proactive approach to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Maintain and improve safe working practices for the department and site.
- Conduct meaningful shift hand overs at the start and end of shift.
- Maintain current and future systems and procedures.
- Ensure permit to work systems are maintained.
- Control and overseeing external contractor.
- Responsible for shift cover/return to work policies.
- Identify team/shift training requirements.
- Assist the operations teams in ensuring the correct operation of equipment, (offering help/guidance in training).
- Maintain and improve standards of craftsmanship and tidiness.
- Maintain and expand use of company CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System, currently Agility is in use). Including
- PM systems
- Spare parts booking in and out
- You will provide assistance in troubleshooting and identification of equipment problems.
- You will maintain relationship with operators to foster a good team environment.
- You will be able to writes SOP's and other technical documents in support of the engineering department as well as the end users.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices.
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies.
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team.
- ONC/HNC in engineering or equivalent.
- Good experience and able to demonstrate a methodical approach to fault finding, including PLC's
- Excellent I Skills
- The successful candidate will hold a strong engineering background, ideally electrically bias with mechanical skills.
- Conversant with Health & Safety rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to prioritise workload and concisely record information
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Site Maintenance Supervisor, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Night Engineer, Multi Engineering, Equipment Engineer, Night Shift Engineer, Construction Engineer may also be considered for this role.