Registered Nurse – Woodlands
About the home
Woodlands Care Centre is a welcoming and beautifully decorated home which specialises in Nursing, Residential and Dementia care for older people, and is currently seeking an experienced Night Registered Nurse to join our friendly team. RCH offers a Summer 2018 sign on bonus of up to £2,500* and full re-validation support.
Come join our friendly team and work in a role you can be proud of where you will be working in a modern and welcoming environment; and where you will support people to live a dignified, fulfilling life which enables them to be as independent as possible whilst you deliver the very best standards of care.
About the role
Our philosophy at RCH is that we have a person centred approach which applies to both our residents and our staff. As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will be leading and motivating a team where the resident’s dignity, personal safety and considerations are at the centre of all care choices; and where your personal training and development are of the utmost importance to us.
As a Registered Nurse, you’ll need to have a valid NMC pin number, as well as the most up to date clinical practices.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- An understanding of regulatory frameworks – NMC and CQC.
- Carrying out risk assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents.
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant policies, standards and legislation.
- Administering residents’ medication;
- Provide direct care for residents including washing, dressing, support with nutrition and hydration.
- Extend clinical competencies and nursing practice to offer comprehensive services, for example, catheterisation, venepuncture, IVI therapy, ear syringing and so on.
Skills / Requirements
- Active NMC pin
- Genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A caring, courteous and compassionate nature to ensure that residents’ needs and wishes are met where possible
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and be able to work under pressure
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team
- Provide formal and informal mentoring to your colleagues and other care professionals
- Self-motivated and pro-active individual who strives to learn and develop in their role
- Would preferably have experience working with the elderly, particularly those living with dementia
- Up to £2,500 signing on bonus* (£1,250 after the first 6 months of continuous employment subject to satisfactory completion of the probation period; £1,250 after a further 6 months) – Autumn 2018 offer (valid to end of September only)
- Full support with your revalidation
- Ongoing training to develop your career
- A Career pathway with opportunities to get promoted, where progression to management positions is encouraged
- Full induction
- Wide variety of health, retail and leisure benefits including Perkbox*
- Company pension scheme*
- Refer a friend bonus*
- Parking available on site
About the company
At RCH Care Homes we understand how important it is for an individual to choose a place which provides a real home away from home atmosphere.
Our vision is to put quality first in everything we do – for our residents, their relatives and our staff.
We recognise that each of our residents is an individual with their own personal requirements, likes and dislikes – for this reason we carefully tailor our care so that we not only meet, but exceed expectations.
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let’s get started!
*Terms and conditions apply
To apply please send your CV via email or come to our recruitment day on the 18th September 2018 at Woodlands Career Centre at 10am-3pm or 5pm-8pm.