The Cornish Distilling Company Ltd are now looking for a motivated and passionate Sales Executive to develop sales in line with projections and act as brand ambassador for The Cornish Distilling Company along with other businesses based at Norton Barton Artisan Food Village.
- To develop and build sales in line with agreed sales projections in selected market segments.
- To conduct targeted prospecting, approaching potential leads via telephone, email, face-to-face meetings, or at trade shows and promotion events and timely follow up to generate sales.
- To champion the product brands, being clear about their positioning, points of difference and benefits.
- To identify potential wholesalers across the country to distribute our Rum products in their area
- To support new wholesalers with point of sale, guidance and tasting material, to encourage sales
- To represent both The Cornish Distilling Co and Norton Barton Artisan Food Village as a whole, at selected trade shows and tasting events throughout the year
- To keep an eye on trends and provide market insights within the Spirits market to help with product development suggestions and exploit opportunities
- To provide management reporting and regular feedback to your line manager on progress
- To liaise with our Head of Marketing in providing inputs to ensure content and initiatives, are targeted, relevant, novel and engaging or educating
- To be a great team-player, open and engaging; liaising with other office sales members as well as production and distribution to help with the continuation of our strong, cohesive team
- To be flexible within the team and be willing to step in and help, eg with bottling/labelling at particularly busy times of year
Degree or degree equivalent
Knowledge and Skills:
- Confident and excellent communication skills, in all forms, when in and out of the office, representing the company
- Knowledge of the sales and customer service processes in other organisations would be helpful but is not essential, the willingness to learn is more important
- Excellent organisational skills and follow through; managing multiple projects and being able to stay in control and provide timely response to clients and potential clients, in an engaging, supportive manner
- Confident in your use of Microsoft Office products so that you’re able to design and develop a means of reporting back on the success of your activities, during 121s.
- Great positive attitude, with an open, sharing and engaging style
- A self-starter who is able to work independently but confident in asking for help if needed, able to check back at intervals to ensure they’re on track as intended
- An existing passion for food and drink and a basic knowledge and appreciation of premium spirits would be of great benefit
- Own vehicle and driving license is necessary; this role is office-based but an element of travel to trade events and customer meetings will be involved - mileage will be paid
- The job is offered on a flat salary basis
The type of person this role would suit…
Someone that likes to (or is willing to learn to) sell products in an enjoyable, non-pushy, albeit convincing way and who is excited by the prospect of working for a young but rapidly growing contender in the drinks market. Someone that enjoys working independently, enjoys the selling process and securing sales, but also being a part of a cohesive team of people that promote and sell artisan, hand-made food and drinks products, in a beautiful setting in North Cornwall.
This could be your first professional role, having some experience already part time in other sales and customer service environments, or second job, having tried sales, promotion and customer service activities, enjoyed it and done well in it, and you have a natural interest in the food and drink sector.
The Cornish Distilling Company Ltd is one of the first distilleries in Cornwall and the UK to create artisan, British Rum from scratch, carefully managing and controlling the entire process in-house, developing new, unique flavours. Based on the rugged North Cornish coast near Bude, The Cornish Distilling Co. is creating genuine British distilled rum, using exceptional ingredients and specialist knowledge and skills to match.
We are a new company within the Norton Barton Group and have recently launched three new Rum brands onto the market. We are now ready to sell the product into various markets, as well as cross-selling into existing markets of delis and farm shops.
Applications must be submitted through the Unlocking Potential Jobs website