School Name Stoke Damerel Primary Academy
School Address Collingwood, RoadStoke, Plymouth, PL1 5PA
SENco Teacher - Full Time, Permanent
Stoke Damerel Primary Academy is one of the 9 academies within Reach South Multi-Academy Trust. The Trust is advertising the position of SENCo TEACHER
We are looking for a SENco who will co-ordinate and support the needs of the children with special educational needs in classes but also a teacher who can deliver quality intervention across the school for pupils who need additional support. Our new SENco will be someone who is able to contribute to and work within our fully inclusive approach to education. Our pupils are fantastic learners who deserve the best possible education every day. Our school is a happy, supportive environment with a lovely site which is well resourced. Being close to the City Centre means we can readily access many educational facilities and activities which are right on our doorstep.
The appointed teacher would need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be an outstanding teacher
- National SENCo award and/or experience as a school SENCo and a willingness to undertake the National SENCo Award training
- Be familiar with the SEN code of practice and the new EHC plans
- Have a working understanding of specific strategies to support children with ASC
- Work alongside teachers, parents and outside agencies to support children’s learning and progress
- Be familiar with the EHAT process, leading meetings and completing related paperwork
- Be efficient in time management and working to deadlines
- Be prepared to continue their professional development and contribute to the ongoing development of the school whilst attending staff meetings
- Be a happy and enthusiastic team member of our school who could bring value to our school
There will be an opportunity for a comprehensive handover from the current SENCo to ensure continuity for children, parents and staff.
Please do telephone the school for an informal discussion. Visits to the school are most welcomed and encouraged.
Stoke Damerel Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and it expects all staff to share this commitment. These appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks and employment checks.
Closing Date: Midday Thursday 4th October 2018
Interview Date: Monday 15th October 2018