Geography Teacher/Curriculum Leader for Humanities
Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
Lancaster Gardens, Plymouth, PL5 4AA
Post: Geography Teacher/Curriculum Leader for Humanities – Full time permanent
MPS/UPS Plus TLR2c
Required from 1st January 2019
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography to lead the Humanities team. This post will be suited to an experienced teacher and we seek someone with high levels of motivation and aspiration who will rise to the challenge of being a Curriculum Leader.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for teaching within Humanities
- Share our vision for fostering a love of lifelong learning, both for students and teachers
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- Have the ability to lead and inspire a team of Humanities teachers
- Be able to monitor and effectively track pupil progress and put in place appropriate intervention
- Have previous Leadership/Whole School responsibility experience within a secondary school
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development, excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
An application form and further details can be found on the College website.
Closing date: 9.00 Monday 24th September 2018
SJH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.