Senior Communications Executive
This newly created role sits at the heart of Reach and will work across many teams to lead and manage a variety of engaging initiatives to promote Reach's key values. They will work with the PR Manager to establish a highly successful communications function across all channels both internally and externally for Reach.
The Senior Communications Executive will be a creative and energetic professional, with experience working in successful communications teams in particular delivering internal communications projects and developing key platforms including intranet, social media and activations. They will embrace challenge and be excited by the prospect of being able to shape Reach's brand identity and profile both internally and across the industry.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Bring the Reach values to life by proactively developing and leading on a range of initiatives for employees across the group - both national and regional.
- Pro-actively develop and manage Reach's intranet (Buzz) to create interesting content and strong reader engagement to effectively promote Reach's values
- Award Submission Excellence: Identify relevant awards and working with key stakeholders to write and submit relevant industry awards including co-ordinating the strategic approach.
- Assist the PR Manager with promoting Reach's national and regional portfolio of titles.
- Liaise with and answer enquiries from journalists in an effective and timely manner. These can come in at any time and often require a fast turnaround, so you'll need a cool head under pressure.
- Maintain and update information on the Reach plc corporate websites.
- Monitor the media and circulate relevant coverage to internal stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-4 years minimum experience in PR/Communications.
- Proactive and can-do attitude, willing to try new things and raise the bar.
- Ability to write to a high standard with excellent grammar. Can remain calm under pressure.
- Confident in dealing with a range of people of varying seniority from across the business
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.