Do you have experience of prototyping techniques and CAD skills? Want to develop your career as an Engineering Technician with a well-established business? If so, read on.
Our client is a well-established distributor of electrical and environmental test equipment. They are now looking for an Engineering Technician to join their team in Watford.
- Salary of £27,000 - £32,000
- 20 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn, grow and progress with an ambitious company that invests in their employees.
You will have the chance to play an important role in the creation of our client’s products and build on your existing skill-set in a supportive environment.
As an Engineering Technician, you will help to develop portable and handheld electrical test and measurement products.
Supporting the Engineering Team, you will:
- Assemble and test prototypes
- Inspect product designs for issues and recommend changes
- Carry out fault-finding activities
- Produce 2D drawings
- Review 3D models and drawings
To be considered as an Engineering Technician, you’ll need:
- Experience of using a CAD package to view models and generate 2D drawings
- Previous experience of prototyping techniques and using hand tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
Ideally, you will be able to read schematics and carry out simple fault-finding activities, but this isn’t essential. Knowledge of mains voltage products and EN61010 would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role CAD Technician, Product Development Technician, NPD Technician, CAD Assistant, AutoCAD Technician or Product Technician.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as an Engineering Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 8:00 - 17:00 (flexibility on start time)