Electrical Contracts Manager
Electrical Contracts Manager
A progressive, expanding electrical installation and contracting, family run company and are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Contracts Manager to join their team and be a champion of the Company’s Vision.
They are seeking an Electrical Contracts Manager with the following skills & Experience:-
Applicants need to:
- Have undertaken a recognised electrical apprenticeship, possess a current ECS Gold Card with a minimum grade of Approved Electrician
- Have had 5 year’s site experience running projects
- Have a superior knowledge of current regulations (for example BS7671, BS5839, BS5299).
- Read and understand drawings and specifications,
- Have a full driving licence
- Be conversant with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be self-motivated, reliable and conscientious
- Be able to plan and organise own work
- Be able to work as part of and motivate team members
- Be organised and organise others
- Have a commercial awareness of each contract and assess variations, valuations and final accounts
- Understand and be conversant with contracts and obligations
- Be a Principal Duty Holder
- Have a Health & Safety management qualification (SMSTS)
- Have good communication skills for clients, projects team and site operatives
- Manage own diary and conduct activities in an economic and professional manner
- Be ambitious, have a desire to progress and the drive to attain it
Once we have been successful in tendering and the order has been placed, projects will become the responsibility of the Contracts Manager until completion. The Contracts Manager will report , and be accountable, to the Project Director.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Project Director, during the life of each project, carrying out a site survey before commencement of the project.
- Liaising with West and West Limited’s site supervisor at the commencement and during the life of each project.
- Liaising with the client’s site agent and project manager during the life of the project.
- Ensure best practices and compliance with regulations are carried out and produce project documents to support this.
- Ensuring all work is carried out as the RAMS and updating these as the project progresses.
- Ensuring West and West’s site supervisor is fully conversant with the details of the project, including understanding the drawings, specification and Contractors Proposal. Conduct weekly project inspections and reports.
- Ensuring the project is progressing according to the client’s agreed timetable, reporting any delays and holdups on site. Carry out monthly progress audits and identify and respond to issues quickly.
- Ensure quality and quantity performance and carry out reviews.
- Attend to defects and rectifications quickly for the life contract period.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers, procure materials and labour as required to enable the smooth progress of the project.
- Identifying issues and responding quickly. Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to obtain best deals.
- Conduct all activities on projects or instruct others.
- Attend project progress meetings with the client, taking notes and monitoring overall progress.
- Visit site weekly and track project changes, VOS and assign costs.
- Attend project progress meetings with the Project Director.
- Complete record drawings, mark up and compile information for the O&M Manuals.
- Ensure testing is carried out and certificates completed correctly and sent to the office for verification at the earliest possible time.
- Oversee the site based training of apprentices.
The salary will be £40,000 to £55,000 per annum, negotiable dependant on experience.
The package includes:
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- BUPA health insurance via the JIB scheme
- Pension via BlueSky Pensions
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
In line with our Vision to expand and grow the business, there will be opportunities for career progression within the Company. This could also include opportunities to work in other fields within the Company, for example estimating and design work.
Applications should be made using the link provided, please include your CV, outlining your strengths and how you feel your skills will fit this position.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for Electrical Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly