SAP EDI Analyst
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a SAP EDI Analyst to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. Join our global English language teaching (ELT) publishing group and help make a difference to English language learners around the world. Your work will go directly towards creating Better Learning Experiences for millions of teachers, learners and institutions globally; whether it’s gathering insights, creating the content, or helping our customers to achieve meaningful results.
Working in close collaboration across our key international publishing hubs, you will have the opportunity to work on a world-class publishing programme. Join our diverse and collaborative workforce and we’ll support you in your career ambitions to achieve your full potential.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the SAP EDI Analyst:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated SAP EDI Analyst to join our team and help us maintain and develop the key business interfaces that use EDI.
The SAP EDI team is responsible for integrating the Press’ SAP ERP system with those of external customers and logistics partners using EDI and XML interfaces that adhere to industry standards. Responsibilities include the design, testing, implementation and support of these interfaces.
The Press is currently engaging in a global rollout of SAP which means the requirements and demands for our team are constantly evolving. The support and expertise that you will provide in this role will significantly contribute to a successful global SAP implementation.
As our SAP EDI Analyst, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience and expertise in EDI message standards (X12, Tradacoms, EDIFACT, XML) and communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, VAN, AS2)
- Professional experience supporting and / or developing EDI / B2B interfaces in a production / service environment
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and IT methodologies
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude with focus on business / customer satisfaction and improving levels of service
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills combined with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with demanding deadlines
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts coherently in both technical and functional terms
- Keen to learn and expand technical skills
- Excellent MS Windows and Office competence
- SAP (SD module and EDI integration, iDocs etc)
- SAP Netweaver PI/PO
- EDI map development
- Publishing industry
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our SAP EDI Analyst.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 3rd October.
Interviews will be held W/C 15th October.