South West Area Services - Lanark
£18,236 - £19,254
Full Time - 37 hours per week
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. We exist to help those diagnosed with autism to lead full and enriched lives and become valuable members of the community they live in.
We also seek to share our knowledge and expertise with parents, carers and other professionals in order to support the development of skills and strategies needed to provide the best care and support for people with autism.
With a head office in Alloa and over 900 staff working across Scotland, we offer a large range of services for people with autism including education, day and vocational opportunities, supported living, outreach, respite and specialist transition support.
We are looking for applications from people who are looking for a role which:
- Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with Autism
- Allows you to use your skills and talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals and aspirations
- Empowers individuals to develop their talents and meet set outcomes
- Enables individuals with Autism to engage with their local communities
These posts will support living development for individuals with autism and complex needs.
This is a good opportunity to work with families and partnership working within an Integrated Joint Board environment. We are looking for individuals with care experience which is based on principles of:
- Dignity and respect
- Responsive care and support
We will offer you:
- Salary of £18,236 - £19,254 per annum (£9.48 - £10.01 per hour)
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- Employee Benefit Scheme which offers discounts for high street shops, cinemas and gym memberships
- 32 days’ holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Childcare Vouchers, saving you up to £933 per year
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete SVQ Level 3 as set by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
We also need people who share the following values within Scottish Autism:
- Team work
- Flexibility – we need staff who can work flexibly over 7 days
The ability to join the PVG scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
It would also be preferable if you are a driver with a full clean licence, although this is not a necessity for all roles.
Closing Date: 5th October 2018
Registered charity number is SC009068
To apply for the role of Autism Practitioner, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Autism Practitioner, Autism Support Worker, Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare.