Job Ref: 18 - 00189
Salary: GBP18,354 - GBP20,055
Contract: Full Time – 37 hours
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy, Hengrove
Closing date: 1 October 2018
Interview date: 10 October 2018
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive finance assistant. This position is full time, will be based at the SBSA and will be responsible for preparing the accounts for the College’s subsidiary companies as well as supporting the Finance Business Partners preparing the college accounts.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve the following:
- Provide accurate Accounting and credit control for the South West Apprenticeship Company (“SWAC”) including production of management accounts when required, and supporting the production of year end statutory accounts. Ensure regular Liaison with SWAC staff to ensure that accurate accounting records and supporting information is obtained.
- Provide accurate and timely apprentice payroll and monthly payroll processing for SWAC.
- Provide financial accounting for the College’s other subsidiary companies including production of management accounts when required, and supporting the production of year end statutory accounts.
- Undertake control account reconciliations and correcting journals, VAT return calculations and other reconciliation and analysis activities as required from time to time.
- Support the Finance Business Partner team in the production of the College management accounts, budgets, and other areas as required.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects, as directed.
We are looking for someone with experience working in a finance team and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers a generous holiday entitlement of 26 days, plus additional 8 Bank Holidays and 8 College Closure Days. In addition, we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme, as well as a range of other benefits including health and beauty discounts, cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts.
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to City of Bristol College’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CV’s – NO AGENCIES