Financial Accountant, Reporting, IFRS, GAAP, Chester, 9 months
Accountant, Reportting, Chester 9 Months
Role is for an Accountant to join a medium sized team with responsibility for certain elements of Corporate Reporting in the UK and integrating seamlessly with the current controller and taxation structure.
The role will be focussed on banking entities and will be responsible for the development of the entities in EMEA and will be responsible for construction of a regional model in line with that employed for UK taxation in GFC.
The role will involve a variety of elements within the team and is expected to include elements of the following:
- Statutory Reporting supporting production of annual financial statements of Regulated and Statutory entities, leading the statutory process, technical discussions and tax elements of board sessions.
- Accounting development work, support monthly reporting cycle - including reporting pack production, various P&L, expense and balance sheet reviews
- Monthly controls, covering legal entity close controls, suspense account reviews, balance sheet attestation, corporate cost centre review, Subsidiary Governance and intercompany break clearance
- Liaising with external auditors, providing directly and managing supply of auditable support from other functions.
- Assist on wide variety of ad hoc tasks and projects
- Strong and consistent educational background
- Degree Level requirement and preferred Accounting qualification in CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Microsoft office, advanced Excel including good ability on VLOOKUP, PIVOTS and EXCEL FUNCTIONS,
- Finance systems (preferred Oracle, SAP, CaseWare)
- Sound knowledge of Financial reporting and experience in statutory accounting including a working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and FRS 101
- Experience of liaising with auditors
- Experience of banking format accounts and financial services products
- General Ledger and taxation Experience
- Ability to apply sound judgement, pursue goals and consistently deliver results
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team, while contributing individually and across other teams
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise
- Problem solve with lateral thinking to create solutions
- Provide effective challenge and display confidence to challenge
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Flexibility and good negotiations skills
- High level of ownership and attention to detail
- Ability to lead and control technical debate
Ability to understand group accounting, consolidation and impacts of restructuring ac
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me or email
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is a global HR outsourcing company specializing in improving an organization's talent. We manage the contingent workforce and statement of work resources on behalf of our clients, as well as source and recruit direct hires. Pontoon's approach results in significant cost savings and revenue improvement, increased worker quality, workforce insight and greater regulatory compliance. A division of Adecco with operations in nearly 100 countries and with more than 1,500 colleagues worldwide, the Jacksonville, Florida-based organization delivers solutions to more than 150 industry-leading companies.