Trends and Performance Analyst
Do you want to work in one of the country's most vibrant newsrooms covering the best city in the world? The Manchester Evening News is already the largest regional website in the country with a huge audience but we want to get even bigger.
This is a key role to make sure our writers are creating the type of content our readers want - and the type of content which will continue to grow our audience.
You'll never miss a trend that will help drive our audience - and your performance analysis will provide crucial data which will inform out content decision-making.
- Provide hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting of key digital analytics to the senior editorial team and content publishers in a way which supports and prompts informed decision-making and ongoing performance management
- Support the planning, maintenance and management by content publishers of forward planning calendars based around audience activity and trends
- Support managers in the audience-focused management of content teams by regularly analysing and interpreting digital analytics to set priorities, and providing data for writers
- Provide audience consumption trend and competitor analysis which allows the newsrooms to target new users, key audience times, platforms and content themes
- Identify and use third-party tools to review and benchmark our performance against competitors
- Implement group best practice on analysis and application of audience data, and the digital publishing protocols for content which best reflect audience trends
- Deliver performance reviews of content areas and action plans for improvement
- Present information at conferences and planning meetings attended by senior team
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Reach Plc's editorial and company policies, and ensure these standards are upheld across the newsroom
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience working with digital analytics systems and interpreting data in a fast-paced, content-focused environment
- Experience using Google Analytics and Chartbeat, capable at superuser level
- Understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Understanding of social media and comfortable using social analytics tools
- Understanding of video as a medium and comfortable using video analytics
- Strong numeracy skills and competent using spreadsheets
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to present confidently, with experience of creating presentation decks and contributing to meetings at a senior level
- Ability to explain complex data to journalists in an accessible way
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly organised and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.