Business Administration Apprentice - IT Services
Contract Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Fixed Term for 18 months
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. During your Apprenticeship you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talent, with our experienced team on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
This Business Administration Apprentice will be part of the IT Services team. IT is one of the core functions at the college and covers all aspects of college activity, so you will be working with staff across all curriculum and business support areas. The role will need to be flexible as the job will have several key elements – from raising purchase orders, managing maintenance contracts and checking invoices match deliveries, you will be involved in helping to keep tabs on college-wide projects which have an IT aspect and helping to ensure that tenders for IT services run smoothly. You will have day-release study towards a Level 3 Qualification in Business Administration.
As part of the Apprenticeship programme you will receive on the job training and be provided with supervision and support at all times. The successful candidate will require GCSEs or equivalent in both English & maths, will need to be computer literate (ideally with Microsoft Office, especially Excel), and have an interest in Information Technology. We are looking for someone with good communication skills and attention to detail who can work as part of a team.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
- Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
- Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
- Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up with a further 12.5% – worth £700 per year
- FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
- FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
- Staff discount via the NUS discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
- Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight, Thursday 27th September 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd October 2018
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.