Gloucestershire Live, a highly successful news, sport and what's on website, is looking for a trainee reporter to join our existing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
As part of the role, you will be assigned a patch of the county to cover and you will be researching, writing and sharing high-quality, original news and what's on content for the website, Gloucester Citizen and Gloucestershire Echo newspapers.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
The position will be based in our new office in Gloucester Quays.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content.
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience.
- Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs.
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs.
- Source third-party and social content.
- Use search analytics to identify a digital audience and content trends.
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities.
- Be adept at social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms.
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification
- Understanding of all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.