Working for one of the leading wholesalers of commercial refrigeration and ware-washing equipment, you will be responsible for the day to day running of their busy goods in and out warehouse based in Stoke On Trent.
Reporting directly to the warehouse manager your main areas of responsibility will include;
- Picking goods for despatch from customer orders
- Palletizing and boxing units ready for collection by couriers
- Producing courier labels and manifests
- Receiving and unloading goods from suppliers
- Quarterly stock takes
- Maintaining stock rotation of goods in the warehouse
- Ensuring the warehouse and despatch area is kept clean and tidy
- Adhering to and monitoring health and safety in the warehouse
Due to the nature of this role there will be times when you are required to take on other tasks related to your position.
Essential skills for this role;
- Counter-balance fork lift truck licence
- Knowledge of courier despatch systems
- Experience in a fast paced warehouse environment
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good manual handling working practices
Desirable skills for this role;
- Experience unloading large freight from shipping containers
- Stock level monitoring and reporting
- Experience of driving transit van and 7.5 tonne vehicles
You can expect to work in a fast growing and forward thinking business, with supportive and friendly colleagues, for the right candidate there is the opportunity to grow with the company along with great career progression potential.