TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The TWI Software Development team builds and sells off-the-shelf software products to a world-wide customer base looking for engineering and materials joining applications.
We now seek a Software Developer to join our team to help develop the next generation of software products. You will also work on enhancements and customisations for our existing Off-The-Shelf packages.
Main responsibilities include:
- working with product owners and stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to their problems
- designing and implementing robust and scalable applications
- helping to maintain and extend the existing product portfolio
Candidates must possess experience in the following:
- One of: WPF, ASP.NET or Winforms
- SQL Database development
- A .Net language (preferably C#)
The following knowledge, skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- A background in software development, with experience developing commercial applications for the engineering industry
- Software configuration management
- Unit testing
- Object Orientated Design, applying Patterns and Agile or Rapid Application Programming techniques for the full development lifecycle
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
Reference No: 70/18
Closing Date: 1st October 2018