OXSHOTT, SURREY KT22 OJG
880 PUPILS IAPS day co-ed
DANES HILL SCHOOL STRONG & SAGACIOUS
Required for 1 October 2018 or as soon as possible
We wish to appoint a Costume Manager to source and create costumes for pupils aged 6-13. Danes Hill School perform seven full-scale productions per year, in addition to class assemblies. Your work will play a great part in setting the tone of a story and enhancing each performance and you will be provided with a generous budget. As Costume Manager, you must be very creative and well versed in different garment types and styles. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and in collaboration with the Performing Arts Department. Whilst employment hours are negotiable, you must be available for full-time work in weeks leading up to each production and performances.
- Work and liaise with the director about their overall vision for each production and individual characters
- Research ideas and examples on historical periods and different regions as required
- Hire, buy or create costumes and small props when necessary
- Ensure costumes stay within budget
- Organise, conduct and supervise fittings prior to, and on all dress rehearsals and performance evenings
- Responsible for returning, storing or disposing of used costumes after productions.
- Proven experience as costume designer or similar role
- Knowledge of design, sewing and textiles
- Understanding a range of styles and cultural/historical elements
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Well-organised and reliable
- All candidates will be subject to full DBS check.
All applicants must complete the standard school job application form which can be found on the school website.
Closing date: Friday 21 September 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 25 September 2018
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Registered Charity Number 269433.
"EDUCATING THE WHOLE CHILD"