Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
If you are looking to do something incredible with your career as a Finance Business Partner, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a globally-operating NGO that’s committed to empowering and supporting children, especially girls.
We are Plan International, an independent development and humanitarian organisation dedicated to advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe that every girl and boy has the right to be healthy, educated, protected, valued and respected in their own community and beyond.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Now, we are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our passionate team and help us to continue making a positive difference to the lives of children across the globe.
This role is based in our Woking office, which is a five minute walk from the train station.
As our Finance Business Partner you will join our Central Finance team that supports our International Headquarters operations in Woking.
By acting as a trusted adviser, you will use your management accounting expertise and communication skills to partner budget holders and senior directors.
By providing 'real time' financial support and analysis, you will add value that will assist them in their decision making. Critical to your success will be your ability to communicate the messages, to understand your audiences and deliver the information in a clear and user-friendly manner.
It is this mix of analytical skills, commercial understanding and engaging communication abilities that are at the heart of a successful Finance Business Partner.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide meaningful and well-presented financial information and advice to budget holders, enabling them to make good decisions
- Prepare and monitor budgets and provide supporting analysis
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and highlight potential financial risks and liabilities
- Help to ensure that monthly, quarterly and year end accounts and reports are completed accurately and on time
To join us as a Finance Business Partner, you will need:
- Financial business partnering experience, with a track record of advising and supporting senior budget holders
- Strong management accounting skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial information and communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels
Networking, building relationships and engaging tactfully across cultures is essential to the success of this role.
A recognised accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA part or fully qualified, or equivalent) would be beneficial to your application. It would also be advantageous if you have strong system skills, (including knowledge of SAP), reporting databases and MS Excel.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Develop your career with a ground-breaking NGO
- Support initiatives that are inspiring and empowering children and communities to create long-lasting change
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in an NGO and help us to make gender inequality and discrimination a thing of the past.
Girls have the power to change the world. In this vital role, you will have the opportunity to help them succeed.
We are eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Senior Management Accountant, Financial BP, Senior Accountant, Financial Controller or Finance Controller.
Webrecruit and Plan International are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a real difference as a Finance Business Partner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.