Trainee Tax Assistant ATT in Exeter or Torquay at Bishop Fleming
Exeter OR Torquay
A’ level entrants wanted! Trainee Tax Accountant – start 3rd September 2018!
If you’d like to earn whilst you learn, consider a career in tax.
This opportunity will allow you to gain a professional qualification without going to University.
The first step on the road to becoming a tax consultant is to qualify as an ATT – Tax Technician (which you could do as soon as 2020) then potentially go on to graduate level tax qualifications.
Fancy following in my footsteps? Within 2 years of joining Bishop Fleming as an A Level school leaver, I qualified as a Tax Technician and am now a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser.
“While doing my A Levels I spoke to a few people about a career in accountancy and realised that it’s not just about number crunching AND, that I could get a professional qualification in less time than if I went to University."
"I found out about the Tax Technician (ATT) qualification, the first stepping stone which would enable me to study to become a fully qualified tax adviser without first obtaining a degree - and better still, Bishop Fleming would pay the cost! No loans for me!"
"It was easy to apply and the staff were really welcoming and helpful. I’ve had great support and commitment from Bishop Fleming throughout and would certainly recommend this route to anyone"
"Bishop Fleming is a great place to work, and I'm still building my career with them".
Join Bishop Fleming now, a fun and friendly firm ranked 26 in the 2018 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For.
Most people think tax stops at self-assessment and tax returns. That is just one part of the wide range of tax advice and support we give our clients. We help clients make decisions about investments and business structure where the tax cost can be a significant factor and really key to the process.
We work with aspiring start-ups through to large owner managed business (with names you will know) up to listed companies so there is a breadth of experience to be gained here at Bishop Fleming.
As an ATT Trainee, you would be a key team member from day one. Today’s trainees are trained to become tomorrow’s business advisers at Bishop Fleming.
Gaining real work experience, whilst also studying for your ATT you will be working in an established Tax Team helping give advice and guidance on all sorts of tax compliance for both corporate business and personal tax clients.
For some, there will be the opportunity to gain broader experience with an option to progress through the management structure of our Career Track.
You will have:
- 2 A Levels A*- C (or equivalent)
- 9 GCSEs grade A*-C (or equivalent), ideally with Maths grade B as a minimum
- Very good IT Skills with a strong working knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- A Driving Licence would be desirable
You will be:
- An excellent communicator (both oral and verbal) who possesses confident interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure, be well organised and enjoy working with a variety of clients
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Annual salary review after qualifying
- Study Support
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays increasing to 25 days plus Bank Holidays when ceasing study support or finished training contract, plus the option to buy up to a week.
- Hours 36.25 per week
- Life Assurance (3 x Salary)
- Personal Pension, Employer 4% Employee 4%
- Critical Illness Scheme
- Fully paid health scheme after probationary period via Simplyhealth
- On-going structured performance appraisal scheme resulting in your own Performance and Development Review
- Opportunities for inter-office/department experience
- Training CPD Support
- We are a Sunday Times 100 Best Company to work for
*Joining Bonus does not apply to trainee roles.
How to apply: Please submit a full CV along with a covering letter stating “Why you want to train to become a Tax Accountant” by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure your CV states all qualifications including subjects and grades.
We are a responsible employer - committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our ‘One Firm’ approach aims to provide a culture where our people are valued and treated fairly with respect, but also one where our differences are understood and celebrated.
We hope that these objectives will attract you to our firm as an employer of choice.