Digital Content Producer
Digital Content Producer
Please provide a statement of how you meet the core responsibilities of the role.
Ofcom is the regulator for the communications services that we use and rely on each day. We make sure people get the best from their broadband, home phone and mobile services, as well as keeping an eye on TV and radio. We also oversee the universal postal service, which means Royal Mail must deliver and collect letters six days a week, and parcels five days a week, at an affordable and uniform price throughout the UK. We look after the airwaves used by wireless devices like cordless phones, walkie talkies and even some car keys and doorbells.
The role is within the Digital and Creative Team, part of the Communications Team and sits within the Consumer and External Relations group. The Digital and Creative team are responsible for developing and maintaining Ofcom digital channels which includes the Ofcom website, visual branding, producing creative assets and all publishing activity.
Our website receives more than a million page views a month and is the main channel to reach out to consumers, businesses and stakeholders.
Purpose of the Role
Our aim is to make Ofcom’s digital communications best in class, and continually improve our digital presence.
This is a key role, preparing and publishing content for a large website using a Content Management System (CMS). You will have an excellent eye for detail as well as identifying where value can be added to content to make each visit to our website an engaging and inclusive experience.
With excellent collaboration and time management skills you will balance daily publishing activity with a programme of work to help keep our content in good health and contribute to web improvements, as well as helping deliver our more creative graphic outputs such as video and graphics.
Requirements of the Role
- Prepares content for publication, ensuring content is high quality and adheres to brand guidelines and is accurate and timely
- Publishes material using our CMS during usual business hours and out of hours as required
- Reformats Word documents to conform to templates where necessary and coaches authors in the use of templates
- Provides support and advice to CMS users and content providers across Ofcom
- Ensures compliance with best-practice web accessibility guidelines and SEO best practice
- Supports a content health programme of work to address older content and keep the website fresh, relevant and searchable
- Supports the Digital Manager and Analytics and Insights Lead by contributing to online development projects
- Supports the creative team in developing other digital assets such as infographics and video
- Keeps up to date with best practice in digital communication
- Attends meetings, continually representing and contributing to a high preforming and growing digital team and inputting new ideas.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Appreciation of and desire to promote Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
- Experience of digital publishing using an enterprise level CMS
- Experience of writing and editing content using plain English
- Experience of developing graphics using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Experience of implementing SEO techniques
- Experience of using cloud-based campaign mail software such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Dotmailer or similar
- Experience of delivering significant project volumes to very tight deadlines and high standards
- Experience of implementing best-practice web accessibility standards
- Knowledge of HTML and browser and user interfaces
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of CSS would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of the media and communications sectors
- Relationship management
- Problem solving and analysis
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to equality of opportunity for all. As a disability confident employer, all disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of a job description will be guaranteed an interview.
The closing date for applications is the 24th September 2018. This role is available on a full time or part time basis. Flexible working arrangements are available.
To apply for the role of Digital Content Producer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Digital Content Producer, Content Executive, Copywriter, Writer, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Communications Executive, Marketing.