2nd Line Desktop Support Technician
2nd Line Desktop Support Technician (Microsoft Windows Based)
£22,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Full time, Monday to Friday plus one weekend per month
Opportunity based in Sutton, Surrey
A unique opportunity has arisen for a skilled and committed 2nd Line Windows Desktop Support Technician within a growing, fast-paced, outsourced IT Support Company based in Sutton, Surrey.
The main purpose of this position is to assist the Company’s clients in resolving their desktop queries remotely (either via phone or email) whilst adhering to the Company’s ticket based logging system. This position will provide the successful candidate with the exposure to a broad range of IT related technologies and issues with the opportunity to be part of the on-going development of the Company’s systems, procedures and knowledge base.
Your main duties will include:
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT desktop/end user queries
- Maintaining and supporting Windows 7, 8 and 10 based operating systems
- Supporting Microsoft based products predominately, but not exclusively
- Liaising with third parties and suppliers
- Providing support to clients either in person, over the telephone or via remote access
- Carrying out daily client systems checks
- Maintaining and supporting IT security
- Ensuring that all client and company documentation is kept up to date
Technical skills and experience required:
Previous good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
A demonstrable understanding of firewall and router technologies
Understanding and knowledge of Cloud technologies
MCP and CompTIA A+
This role requires a good working knowledge and hands on experience, so the successful candidate will be required to install, support and troubleshoot the following technologies (this list is not exhaustive):
- Windows 7 to 10
- Microsoft Office 2007 to 2016 including 365
- Single site Firewall/Routers using DSL, ADSL and leased lines
- Wireless and Ethernet networking
- Basic Active Directory user management i.e. creating users accounts, password resets
- Basic Exchange Server mailbox management i.e. creating new mailboxes, mailbox permissions
- TCP/IP and DNS
- Mobile phone email
Alongside these technical based requirements, the ideal candidate will have:
- First rate customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to the individual needs of the client
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Highly organised with the ability to multi task and work on own initiative.
The office hours are 8:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday and benefits include 22 days’ holiday, company pension scheme, training opportunities and regular company events.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please get in touch.
NB. Due to large volumes of applications, we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.