“You just have to be there for them – supporting, listening and not judging.”
Help to turn lives around in a rewarding career as a Foster Carer in Remand Fostering.
We are looking for specialist Foster Carers to support young people who have found themselves in the criminal justice system.
In this role you will need to provide a non-judgemental ear and a positive, stable environment for a young person to go forward on to a better path.
By fostering with us, you will receive:
- Free certified training
- 24/7 support
- 28 days paid leave
- Generous allowances to cover food, clothing, travel, gifts and other household expenses
Am I eligible?
We welcome carers from a wide variety of backgrounds, races, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and ages.
To be a Foster Carer you will need:
- To be aged over 21 years old
- Good level of medical health
- A clean criminal record (not all convictions are a barrier but sexual/violent offences won’t be considered)
- A spare room for each young person to be used as a bedroom
- Ability to meet the needs of the young person alongside existing relationships (e.g. your children or partner)
Why foster with Barnardos?
- A dedicated social worker to provide ongoing support
- Thorough and certified training to prepare you for fostering
- Short break care with a link carer for when you need your own time
- Membership of the Fostering Network, with access to discounted training
- Access to fostering support groups to share expertise with carers and social workers
Please complete the application form with your CV below to apply and we will be in touch for the next steps.