The College is seeking to appoint an experienced HR Assistant to this newly created role working within the busy HR and Payroll Department with responsibility for a variety of routine HR tasks and providing support to the payroll function during busy periods.
The duties of the HR Assistant are set out in more detail in the attached Job Description.
The person appointed will have excellent communication skills, both written and orally along with the ability to work flexibility and at all levels. Excellent IT literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are also essential as are strong organisational skills.
The role requires a pro-active approach along with the ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload. Knowledge of employment law and best practice are essential as is the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.The motivation to work on their own and as well as part of a small team whilst developing effective working relationships is also essential.
Education and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a minimum of CIPD level 3 qualification and a willingness to undertake further HR training. Experience in a generalist HR role is also beneficial but not essential as is some payroll experience.
The College Terms and Conditions of Employment provide for:
- 25 days annual holiday for full-time positions, in addition to statutory bank and public holidays.
- membership of a contributory pension scheme (employees’ contributions at the rate of 8% of gross pay), a salary sacrifice scheme is available for some schemes.
- College sick pay scheme that provides payment whilst staff are incapacitated due to ill health.
- Salary within the range of £25,341 to £30,107 per annum dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Other benefits include:
- Child Care Voucher salary sacrifice arrangement in appropriate situations,
- Meal is available at lunch time at College expense,
- Travel to work loan scheme,
- Car parking in central Cambridge,
- Access to the College Gym and swimming pool,
- Permanent Health and Life Insurance in conjunction with pension schemes,
- Full-time position for a total of 36 hours 40 minutes per week, worked in accordance with a flexi time scheme from Monday to Friday, although the demands of this post may involve working outside of and in addition to these hours.
- Various discount schemes are available from local traders
Applications should be via completion of an application form together with a hand written covering letter supporting your application and addressed for the attention of the Bursar’s Assistant, Emmanuel College, Cambridge, CB2 3AP and marked “Strictly Personal and Confidential. The closing date for receipt of completed applications is mid-day Monday 24th September 2018. Interviews for this post will be on 9th October 2018.
For an application form, job description and further particulars, please visit our website.
The post is available immediately and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Emmanuel College is an Equal Opportunities Employer