Dalton Terrace Surgery
Based in the historic city of York, Dalton Terrace Surgery is an old-established family practice offering a friendly personal service from substantial premises in the heart of the city.
Primary Objective of the role of Medical Receptionist
Operating as part of our Reception team to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or at the telephone.
Description of the role
- We have 2 part time roles available (one of 18 hours per week and one of 16 ½ hours per week) (with additional absence cover available).
- Salary £8.06 per hour
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Record requests for home visits, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details.
- Process repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will apply Practice policies, standards and guidance.
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding reception environment
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Pleasant and articulate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of dealing with the public an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness and common sense
- Ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload priorities
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Flexibility of working hours