111 Health Advisor
111 Health Advisor
DHU 111 (East Midlands) CIC
Location: Chesterfield or Derby
Salary: Potential Earnings: £18,940 per annum
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an exciting team where your role makes a difference? Are you looking for flexible working options including evenings, weekends or overnights?
We can offer full or part-time hours:
- Overnights, flexible start time, earliest finish 6am (4on/4off, shifts between 8 to 10.5 hours)
- Evenings, earliest finish time 9pm (shifts between 5 to 7.5 hours)
- Weekend fixed shifts, starting from 7am to midnight (equal shifts between 12 to 16 hours in total per weekend)
- 12 hours per week minimum
Due to expansion we are seeking professional, enthusiastic, well-motivated individuals with a passion for caring and the ability to build a rapport with people over the telephone.
As a Health Advisor for our NHS 111 Service, you will be answering telephone calls from members of the public and health care professionals. Using the NHS Pathways software, you will provide the appropriate response based on the patients symptoms/needs. This could be to escalate the patient calls to a Clinical Advisor, dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services
Health Advisors will be required to:-
- Work evenings, weekends (Out of Hours Period), including working 3 out of 4 weekends and 6 out of 8 bank holidays.
- Demonstrate previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
- Possess excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Hourly rates of pay are dependent on times and days worked. Current rates:-
- £8.33 basic
- £9.41 – enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
- £10.41 – enhanced rate weekends
In return DHU Health Care CIC is able to offer a number of benefits including:-
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Childcare Vouchers
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Flexible working hours to achieve the right work/life balance
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
If successful, you must be available full time for three weeks to complete the required training at Derby or Chesterfield (week 1 & 2 in the out of hours period, week 3 will include weekdays and daytime hours). A further 2 weeks will be required either part time or full time for supervised practice.
To apply, please refer to the vacancies page of DHU Health Care, 111 Health Advisor (Location Specific) via the following link:
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Criminal Records Bureau to check for any previous criminal convictions.
DHU Health Care is committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.