Oxford (OX3) & Aylesbury (HP20)
Permanent | 40 hours per week
Salary | £18,655 per annum
Closing Date | Thursday, 4 October 2018.
Interviews will be held at our Aylesbury estate office on Thursday, 11 October 2018
Hastoe is the country’s leading developer of affordable rural housing and a great place to work. We have an outstanding reputation for innovation and are at the forefront of environmental sustainability.
We’re looking for an Estate Officer to cover both our Oxford and Aylesbury sites.
Your enthusiasm and energy is required to provide a first class service to our residents, as you will be:
- Maintaining and improving the appearance of the estate grounds and monitoring the services provided.
- Carrying out litter picking, bin area maintenance and Health and Safety inspections
- Helping residents, contractors and staff on a daily basis
- Carrying out minor repairs to communal areas and residents’ properties
- Using IT communication systems to keep a repairs diary and recording all works carried out
- Regular fire checks and recording of completion.
You will often be working alone, therefore you will need to be able to work on your own initiative. You will need to be self-motivated and be able to organise your own schedule to maintain the good appearance of the estate at all times.
You must be a good communicator with good verbal and written communication skills. You must have experience of using IT systems as you will be required to use our internal systems as well as email, to communicate with colleagues and record essential Health and Safety and fire checks on the estate. Training on specific tools, equipment and our internal systems will be provided for you to carry out your role.
Previous experience in general maintenance and in a caretaking role would be welcomed but not essential. Having good Health and Safety awareness will enable you to provide an excellent service to our residents.
Hastoe offer a range of benefits including the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, possibility for flexible working, excellent learning and development opportunities, car leasing scheme, discounts on gym membership and high street shops, healthcare discounts etc.
- 24 days annual leave per annum plus 1.5 complimentary leave days
- This post is subject to background checks
- Please see our website for more details.
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org