Community Link Officer
COMMUNITY LINK OFFICER
PART-TIME: 22 HOURS/3 DAYS PER WEEK
£21,000 - £24,000 PRO RATA
New Art Exchange (NAE) is a leading contemporary arts space in the heart of inner city Nottingham that celebrates the region's cultural richness and diversity. We present an ever-changing programme of art exhibitions and a vibrant public programme of events along with strategic project work focussed on audience development, community engagement and talent development. We are now seeking an energetic and experienced community engagement specialist to help increase access to NAE to ensure the broadest range of audiences benefit from the work that we do.
The Community Link Officer will be a true believer that arts and culture can play an invaluable role in improving lives, and that arts and culture should therefore be accessible to all. They will be culturally aware with a strong understanding of the issues affecting BAME, vulnerable and minority communities in the UK and locally. As a lively, people-focussed person, they will spend time in local communities making connections and engaging these priority audiences with existing activity at NAE. Importantly, they will also design new initiatives based on community interest to position community expressions at the heart of NAE.
NAE announced a significant uplift to our core Arts Council funding earlier this year, helping to establish the organisation as the leading venue in the UK for culturally diverse arts. The post holder will therefore join the organisation at an exciting time, helping to expand and deepen the value of our work.
Key purposes of the post:
- To increase access to NAE to ensure the broadest range of audiences benefit from the work that we do whilst also increasing attendance to NAE and diversifying our audience profile.
- To spend time outside of NAE, building relationships with local communities.
- To work in collaboration with the Public Programme Producer to ensure these audiences engage with our existing opportunities to include gallery visits and tours, and participation in and attendance to our events programme, central gallery shows, volunteer programmes and other professional development opportunities.
- To use their local knowledge to help inform the shape of NAE’s programming and marketing activities to ensure our work is meaningful, relevant and helpful to those we strive to serve.
- To design and deliver new initiatives based on community need and interest.
Application deadline: Sunday 7 October 2018 (midnight). Applicants shortlisted for interview will be notified promptly, and interviews will take place at NAE Tuesday 16 October 2018.
Apply for Community Link Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly