Business Development Manager
An independent organisation providing help and support to some of Cumbria’s most vulnerable citizens are seeking a full-time Business Development Manager, to be based in Carlisle with travel around Cumbria and Lancashire.
- Your role will be to progress the further growth and development of this ambitious organisation
- Building on their current success you will lead a team which seeks out new opportunities for business development
- You will develop new and creative solutions which respond to Funding and Tendering opportunities
- Optimising opportunities to increase organisational sustainability, leading the further development of social enterprise
- A dynamic, confident and professional individual
- Excellent organisation, collaboration and writing skills
- This role suits a "people person" with experience in finance and tendering
Our ideal candidate:
You will be a dynamic and confident individual, confident professional, with excellent organisational, collaboration and writing skills. The role suits a people person, with experience in finance and tendering.
You will need to be able to evidence how you meet the following role criteria:
Qualifications & Knowledge:
Educated for degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject is desirable
Knowledge of funding opportunities and bidding processes
Recent experience supporting the writing of bids, responding to tenders and writing high quality, accurate reports and communications
Recent experience of supporting project mobilisation and project management
Recent experience of public engagement, public speaking, providing presentations
Competent Leader and Collaborator
Excellent time management skills
A commitment to personal development through further training and education.
Able to support the planning and organisation of a number activities, events and programmes to deliver contract requirements, and company progression.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, valuing the contribution of others.
If you fit the criteria and are solution focussed and passionate about the work of Healthwatch Lancashire, then we would love to hear from you.
£27,500 - £35,000 per annum.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to the email address on this job board. Please ensure that your covering letter is no longer than 2 sides of A4.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2018.
An independent customer-led organisation that has worked in Cumbria for over 25 years, with a deep understanding of the area, communities and the unique challenges.
They are the largest provider of Advocacy in Cumbria, supporting thousands of people every year to have their voices heard and helping them to live their best lives.
This is a passionate organisation which dedicates itself to representing people’s views, they are dynamic and courageous and not afraid to stand up and be counted.
Helping the people of Cumbria to get their voices heard stay in control of their own lives.