Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join the Estates Team at Exeter College. In this role you’ll be responsible for maintaining high quality mechanical and electrical installations. This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a multi-skilled maintenance role - particularly plumbing/mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of all building services. Demonstrable knowledge of L8.
- Customer focused, excellent communications skills and a team player.
- Relevant qualifications in a relevant discipline ie. ONC/HNC
- Desirable: BS7671 17th Edition, Relevant Gas Safe/Refrigeration/OFTEC/IPAF qualification, Unvented hot water system qualification
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer duties
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance tasks and installations, including heating, ventilation, electrical and lighting installations.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM)
- Manufacture spare parts as required using lathes, milling machines and welding equipment
- 28 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Staff discounts including IT software, taxi fares, gym membership
- On site gym, H2B spa and @34 Restaurant
About Exeter College
We are a dynamic, successful college, and we depend on excellent people to achieve and sustain our outstanding performance. The Estates Department’s mission within Exeter College is to create and maintain safe, accessible and comfortable physical environments. While also providing quality resources, facilities and services for all learners, staff and visitors.
Application deadline: Midnight, 23 September, 2018.
Exeter College is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
If you have the skills and experience to become a valuable member of Exeter College Estates Department, please apply below.