We are looking for a first rate sales person who gives us an unfair advantage in winning briefs across the market. Someone who has effective relationships with the key decision makers in agencies. This person will be able to drive business for branded content, growing our reputation, raising our profile and transforming our revenue trajectory. We are looking for a passionate, strategic individual who knows the media content and agency world well and will be comfortable and tenacious in generating briefs and selling in market-leading work.
Essentially we want somebody who can:
- Develop and implement a strategy for success, namely:
- Increasing conversion rates on pitches
- Increasing standalone briefs
- Improving quality of briefs from effective agency relationships
- Developing proactive opportunities
- Increasing digital revenues
- Selling in work that transforms our reputation
- Collaborate with and support all areas of our business to drive revenues and profitability
- Ensure a high industry profile of Trinity Mirror Solutions Invention team within the UK media marketplace, in particular raising awareness of our creative, insight and planning teams
Who are we? We are Reach - because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Trinity Mirror Solutions, is the commercial arm to the Reach group which allows us offer an unprecedented and unique edge to our competitors when offering digital and print advertising solutions to iconic brands throughout the UK. Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Identify, develop and retain revenue-influencing relationships with our customers, both existing and new
- You are the expert when it comes to your agencies and their brand clients. There isn't anything you don't know about their business, which brands are spending what and where, and pitches and awards the agency wins. You will ensure we retain the strongest of relationships and their utmost confidence in our ability to deliver
- You will provide regular opportunities for key planning, insight and creative colleagues to speak at your agencies, delivering clear next steps for how those opportunities can help to grow our business
- Demonstrate clear outcomes from every agency meeting and actively pursue follow-up opportunities
- You are the eyes and ears of the agency in the Invention creative process, advising our strategic planning and creative teams on what the client are looking for and ensuring that the requirements of the brief are met
- Working with planning you will set out timelines for the pitch response, scheduling idea tissue sessions with your agency contacts
- Represent Trinity Mirror Solutions Invention within the wider Trinity Mirror business
- Forecasting and reporting Trinity Mirror Solutions Invention revenue
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly numerate and an excellent commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- Excellent profile in the media industry with influential relationships across agency planning and content teams
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Leads collaboratively, building a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships, sharing knowledge and ensuring convergence of team/specialists
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Trinity Mirror Solutions principles and behaviours
- High-impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of Digital, National and Regional Press media and the Trinity Mirror portfolio
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
- Deep understanding of how Trinity Mirror Solutions products fit into wider UK media marketplace
We strongly believe the people we work alongside is one of our biggest benefits to working here at Trinity Mirror Solutions. The sense of community, and working as one team is paramount to our success and employee satisfaction on a daily basis. You will also gain the additional benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension scheme.
- Access to a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits inc holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans, discounted cinema and retail vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
- Onsite Gym
- One of the best skyline views of London you can get as your backdrop every day!
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.