Office Administration Assistant
Office & Administrative Assistant
c£18k (Subject to experience). Full-time. Midlands. Office Based.
As a highly respected retail agency, Visual Thinking believes that simply being ‘good’ should never be good enough.
Sound familiar? If so, then you’re our kind of person. Someone who is committed to working efficiently and effectively while maintaining high levels of productivity and professionalism. And that is capable of supporting Company Directors, Consultant Team and other members of the team, enabling them to do the same.
With experience of working in a similar role, you'll have a good entry level grounding in an administrative office function and be looking to take the next step in your career.
You’ll need some essential traits. Highly organised and numerate. Brilliant people skills. Boundless energy. A confident, ‘can do’ approach. The drive to work hard. And, of course, the ability to work accurately, consistently, and at pace.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Administrator, you’ll perform a range of important day-to-day office and administrative duties, have strong administrative experience and be able to use Microsoft Office to a high standard. If you have received health and safety training, even better.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Manage incoming telephone calls, taking of messages and relay or connect callers to appropriate or designated team members
- Maintain up to date records of team members and visitors in and out of the building
- Diary management as both paper based and Outlook formats, creating and confirming e-meeting requests for team members and external parties
- Book team travel and accommodation requirements, producing travel itineraries
- Attend routine internal meetings, recording and distributing accurate minutes.
- Maintain annual leave and sickness records
- Identify, negotiate and develop effective relationships with third party suppliers
- Manage the office stationery inventory
- Support other team members with providing general secretarial duties as required
- Support the production of general administrative and correspondence outputs ensuring they meet client deadlines and agreed standards of presentation
- Liaise with internal team members, project consultants, administrative staff and external freelance consultants, to design, develop and deliver effective solutions to enhance business and personal performance
- Oversee the office filing system to ensure all records are filed in an agreed and logical order
- Fulfil health and safety obligations by ensuring that safe working practices are followed at all times.
Personal Qualities and Characteristics
- Strong administrative experience, responsible for managing diaries, people and budgets
- Good commercial awareness combined with an everyday, ‘common sense’ approach
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised. Methodical, logical with excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise jobs and work on several projects simultaneously
- Committed attitude towards your work
- Calm and confident with a positive ‘can do’ approach to resolving problems and achieving tasks
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite including: Outlook, Excel, Word to a high standard
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines and occasionally under pressure
- Enjoys varied workload and weekly activities but with a foundation of regular tasks.
To apply, please send your up-to-date CV and a covering letter.
Closing date 05.10.18