UX/UI Designer (1 FTE)
Reports to: Head of Content
Our client is a rapidly expanding company looking for talented people who adopt an enthusiastic and determined approach to ‘getting the job done’. They’ve grown a diverse client base in the photo/gift retail market ranging from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations.
Initially, you will join nearly 80 other staff based in freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area of Havant. The site has breakout areas, a games room, free on-site employee parking, a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, copious nerf guns and is only a 15 min walk to the sea.
To make a long story short, they’ve grown a place where we love working and they think you will too...
Main purpose and scope of the job:
The successful applicant will develop user experience and interface design for their software products, working with global brand names such as Walmart and Asda to deliver the best possible user experience for their customers. You will be responsible for researching, evaluating and translating user requirements, working together with internal teams and clients to deliver outstanding application design.
You should have an eye for clean and contemporary web design, be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Translating concepts into wireframes, mockups and prototypes that create an intuitive user experience
- Deliver thoroughly researched and well-designed UX wireframes to illustrate the client’s vision.
- Provide elegant user-friendly solutions to design problems.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Content, Product and Development teams on web design for clients ranging from local to multi-national.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to develop a design concept from start to finish with a strong idea base, to meet the requirements of a brief within a required timeline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to liaise with clients.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to work creatively within brand guidelines.
- A degree or equivalent design qualification.
- Two or more years proven UX/UI experience.
- Used to interpreting client briefs and delivering in a timely manner, whilst maintaining high professional standards.
- Developing responsive websites.
- Practical understanding of UX and UI principles, responsive website and email design.
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative suite: InDesign.
- Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Figma or equivalent UX prototyping tool.
- Strong HTML, CSS & Bootstrap knowledge.
Personal attributes and other requirements:
- Desire to create high quality visual material.
- Keen eye for detail with meticulous approach to your work.
- Solution focused: proactively tackling projects and tasks in an efficient and positive manner.
- Organising and prioritising a multitude of tasks.
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the latest technology and working as part of a cutting-edge team.
You should apply if you have...
- The ability make something that’s precise and beautiful
- An excellent interpersonal manner
- Flexibility, discretion, loyalty, patience and a good sense of humour!
The ideal candidate:
You’re creative, highly literate in the use of design software and cutting edge UX prototyping tools, and driven to create quality design at every opportunity. You’re not afraid of a tricky brief and prepared to put the effort into researching the best solution to every creative problem that arises. You work for the user, you want to improve their quality of interaction with the product, and encourage them to interact more with the flows and interfaces you create.
- A competitive salary (negotiable depending on ability) for the equivalent of a 40 hour week.
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years’ service.
- A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the company.
- 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme.
- Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles).
- A healthy social calendar.
- Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally.
Applications should consist of your CV and a one page covering letter explaining how you fulfil the role above... drawing attention to any particular projects or work you’ve already done which you think is comparable.