Head of IT
Internationally recognised and one of the top ground engineering companies, our client provides a range of manufacturing, engineering and maintenance services and solutions for a wide and varied range of customers across all market sectors. An agile business, the company is at the forefront of research and innovation. The design team has developed advanced in-house modelling software for design optimisation, uses Business Information Modelling, BIM, for managing and sharing information and data, also collaborating in research with several Universities. It maintains an extensive list of patents and trademarks and is accredited by several recognised industry bodies. Employing c350 people, the company has a full project pipeline and a strong financial position with increasing revenues and profit. It now enters the next chapter of its long history transitioning to new ownership.
IT support has previously come from Corporate IT and its suppliers. As a consequence of the sale, as the new Head of IT you will have the exciting opportunity of taking responsibility for the transition and continuity of services via an outsourcing model, maintaining IT infrastructure, applications and services. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you’ll then define and deliver a new IT strategy, driving innovation and efficiency to meet the demands of the business and its markets.
Reporting to the Operations Director, as the Head of IT, specific responsibilities will include;
- transition and continuity of services with a high level of support to the end users,
- develop the new IT Strategy adopting new technology,
- manage Cyber and Information Security, risk and compliance
- manage IT programmes to deliver change and improvement,
- engage with and manage suppliers, recruit and develop a team,
- manage the IT budget and costs and report on progress and key issues to Executives.
Of graduate calibre with an IT degree or equivalent business level certification and significant experience running IT in a corporate; you should have;
- A broad technical background of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications and services with experience of ERP and Design Systems and key technologies; Windows, Networking, Storage, Security & Cloud.
- Experience of a start-up or divestment environment will be beneficial with roles held demonstrating career progression.
- Experience of a highly regulated environment is important, with broad Construction industry experience, possibly BIM, a preference.
- Experience of IT procurement and supplier management for outsourced service delivery models
- financial management for forecasting and budgeting, managing hardware and software assets and licensing agreements.
The office base can be either Doncaster, HQ near Rickmansworth or London. If based in London or Doncaster, the individual will need to spend at least 2-3 days a week at HQ. You will need to travel internationally as required.
To find out more about this interesting opportunity please send your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.