Newspaper Sales Manager - Birmingham & Coventry
For the right candidate, this role can offer the successful individual an exciting opportunity to promote local newspapers in an extremely autonomous role, with varied responsibilities each day. If you enjoy coaching individuals and would love to represent and promote our successful newspaper brands, we want to hear from you!
Reach PLC is one of the UK's largest media publishers, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products. We employ more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country. Trusted, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print, our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide.
- Contribute to setting of annual volume and revenue sales budgets
- Monitor and report on all aspects of the NS function e. Sale, revenue and expenditure
- Develop and deliver the strategic plan designed to maximise performance, within resource budget and achieve against sales/revenue targets.
- Ensure that all activity and expenditure is is assessed in terms of profitability
- To ensure that Editorial content decisions are consistently appropriate to the requirements of the NS function.
- Liaise with Marketing ensuring pillar promotion activity is realised
- Oversee active sales activity ensuring full Health & safety compliance for all events and activity.
- To ensure that our titles are represented in the best way possible
- To provide a statistical summary of each area/title/person activity and performance
- To pro-actively support team when handling issues with retailers on territory
- To react appropriately to supply management decisions against all sales opportunities
- To oversee the process of show and event planning
- Take advantage of all sales opportunities arising from in-paper promotional activity.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in effectively managing a sales team
- Proven track record in development and coaching of staff
- Be fully conversant in processes and procedures
- Proven track record of continuous improvement with regard to processes and procedures
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong leadership skills - able to work closely with the team and fully utilise their skills and abilities for the successful achievement of set objectives
- Creative thinker - able to promote and instigate initiatives, ideas, concepts and plans to internal and external customers at all levels
- Strategic thinker - able to identify opportunities, anticipate their value and difficulties and react appropriately
- Excellent planning and organisation and skills
- Excellent time management skills - meet deadlines and ensure team adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Drive and determination to achieve objectives
- Strong organisational skills with an aptitude for detail
- Flexible approach to new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Be able to influence key decision makers both internally and externally
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rota (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Reach employee.
Reach plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.